Sunday, November 16, 2014

So because it's Sunday, and because I've been eating slightly poorly this week, and because I was sitting in my bed watching this video, I decided to make myself a good ol' big breakfast.




This week has completely blown my November budget out of the window. I swore to myself that after going to Bar Buca last week, that'd be it for eating out. But since I have nooo self-restraint whatsoever, I visited many places on my "to eat" list. My tummy has been happy but my bank account... not so much. I guess I'll write a mini review for each place I went to:
  • Blackbird Baking Co.: Got a pecan danish and cranberry orange coffee cake. Pretty good, but I feel like I need to try their bread.
  • Sanagan's Meat Locker: I went here twice this week! It was that good. I got the roast chicken sandwich on both occasions because it is that freaking good. I am bringing everyone here for that sandwich. I am salivating as I type this. 
  • Bunner's: Maybe GF food is not my thing but I wanted to check it out because of the hype. I got the red velvet cupcake and let's just say I will not be returning. 
  • Wanda's Pie in the Sky: I was craving chocolate pecan pie alllll week after watching this. I liked Wanda's last time I came here but, maybe it's because I've never had "bakery style" pecan pie and just had supermarket pecan pie, it didn't really blow me away. It was really wet and mushy, not at all how I think pecan pie should taste. Vicky got the sweet potato praline pie which was pretty good. 
  • Agave y Aguacate: I heard pretty good things about this place so I wanted to try it. So I'm no expert in food, but I couldn't really tell why this place was so raved about. Maybe it's because what we ordered, or maybe because I'm not that great at tasting, but I wouldn't say this place is amazing (like the guy who overheard us debating if we should try it or not did). 
  • Home of the Brave: I've been wanting to try this place for a while and we thought that Saturday was the perfect day to since it was cold out. We ordered the chicken and waffles, tater tots, and broccoli and grits. My personal favourite was the broccoli and grits. I'd definitely recommend this place to someone who wanted somewhere to grab a drink and some nibbles, but not for a full on meal. 
Whew that was a lot of places to hit up in one week. Looks like I'll have to write November and December off in terms of budgeting. #Yolo??

No comments:

Post a Comment