Saturday, November 8, 2014

Ramblings

It's so crazy how quickly time flies when you start working. I cannot believe that Halloween has come and gone, and already November seems to be zipping by. I feel like I haven't been able to really make and accomplish goals. I'm one of those people who always say that I want to do something but I never do it. Like, I want to run, I want to climb, I want to be up-to-date with industry news, etc. This month I've started budgeting and keeping track of my finances again. So exciting right? I'm trying to be financially responsible and develop good adult habits. But some times I'm just like.. potato. It's such an odd thing to transition from being a student to a "real life adult." That's what I am, transitioning. Except, I don't really know what I'm transitioning to. This week I had the opportunity to visit the OR and the hospital and I came out of it in awe. The work that people do in there is truly remarkable. After the visit, I felt more confused about what I wanted to do. In the past year I have been asked by pretty much everyone I met what I wanted to do, and all I could tell them was "I don't know," or "I'm thinking of going back to school." I really feel like I'm just trying to buy myself time.

Oh man, I did not expect this post to be so "deep."

On to fun things!

Yesterday I met up with the foodies (God, is that obnoxious sounding or what?) and we decided to head to Bar Buca. I initially was planning on going to Byblos but had no luck making reservations. We got some wine and nibbles and boy did I feel so grown up and fancy - hah yeah right. Maybe it was the wine, or maybe because we are just plain reckless when it comes to eating (definitely the latter), but we decided we HAD to have some mac and cheese (and dessert). So we headed over to The Gabardine and ate delicious mac and cheese and some sort of deconstructed cheesecake, which was ah-maz-ing! I could still smell the herby mac and cheese and feel the airiness of the cheesecake in my mouth. I really wish I could've taken pictures of the food but it was so dark in both places. Why is that a thing?? I want to be able to see what I'm eating and the people I'm eating with.

No comments:

Post a Comment